APPLICATION & GUIDELINES
Obtain the identical superior manifold safety as Eastwood’s excessive temperature brush-on coatings with the benefit and ease of an aerosol can. Similar to its brush-on counterparts, the aerosol model affords safety as much as 1200 ° F and cures to a tough and sturdy end that can final for years. Simply apply at dwelling with out the fear of sending components out for coating that could be misplaced or broken in cargo.
· Similar confirmed method as brush on software within the ease of an aerosol can
· Simply and economically coat components at dwelling
· Protects components as much as 1200° F
· Select from manufacturing facility grey, white, satin black, and silver
APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR AEROSOL HIGH TEMP EXHAUST MANIFOLD COATINGS
Whenever you apply these and most paint coatings there are some things to bear in mind. Paint kinds a mechanical bond to the floor, keying to floor irregularities. Adhesion is enhanced by roughening the floor. We suggest abrasive blasting (don’t use glass beads or medias that are inclined to easy the floor) or sanding easy surfaces like exhaust headers with 80-120 grit sandpaper.
NOTE: Roughening the floor is equally necessary for each previous and new surfaces.
Steel is ready to entice and maintain water and different contaminants. You might have seen a moist ring round an space you heated for solder work; the warmth forces the moisture out. It’s useful to preheat the floor to drive out this trapped moisture and different contaminants. We suggest heating the manifold or header with a warmth gun, propane torch or warmth lamp for a couple of minutes till no extra moist areas are seen.
Paint doesn’t like to stick to greasy or oily surfaces. An intensive spray down (cool floor solely!) with PRE Portray Prep (10041Z) is really helpful to clean away residual oils. It’s advisable to permit the solvent to evaporate for about 10 minutes earlier than repeating the heating course of. The heating course of is as soon as once more crucial as a result of the evaporation of the solvent cools the floor and moisture within the air will condense on the metallic.
Air, paint, and floor temperature all play a task within the ease of software, remedy, and look of the completed floor. Ambient (room) temperature must be between 65-95 levels F with 50% or much less humidity. Be aware: Excessive humidity can compromise adhesion and look. The half and paint temperature must be on the identical temperature or barely hotter.
STEP-BY-STEP HIGH TEMP COATING SPRAY APPLICATION:
1. Prep per the rules talked about above.
2. Shake can for a minimum of 1 minute and periodically throughout use.
3. Spray at a distance of 6-10 inches, making use of a number of mild coats to keep away from drips and runs.
4. Enable 30-60 minutes between coats till full hiding is achieved. All coats should be utilized inside 2 hours of the earlier coat or after 1 week. Heavy functions can result in decreased coating life. NOTE: That is undoubtedly a case the place extra is just not higher. The thicker the coating the much less possible it’s to develop and contract with the heat-up and cool-down cycles of the exhaust manifold or header.
5. The coating will utterly dry inside 24 hours. The manifold or header can then be put in on the engine. As soon as put in run the engine in a properly ventilated space for a minimum of 20 minutes to utterly remedy the coating. NOTE: Throughout this course of, the coating will emit doubtlessly dangerous vapors – guarantee full and correct air flow.
6. Correctly software will yield a end that provides magnificence to the engine compartment for a few years.