Even with new tools being added, the bottom worth of the 2021 Chevrolet Corvette won’t improve over these of the 2020 model, Chevrolet introduced July 8.
“The 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray retains carryover pricing – the identical because the introductory mannequin – with MSRP beginning at $59,995 for the coupe and $67,495 for the convertible,” the automaker stated in its announcement. “Each fashions embody vacation spot freight cost.”
“Our mission was to develop a brand new sports activities automotive, combining the profitable attributes of Corvette with the efficiency and driving expertise of mid-engine supercars,” added Tadge Juechter, Corvette government chief engineer. “We’re thrilled with the keenness the mid-engine Corvette introduced following its launch and are maintaining it recent with new content material for the 2021 mannequin.”
Adjustments for the 2021 mannequin yr embody:
- Magnetic Selective Experience Management out there with out the Z51 suspension package deal.
- Normal wi-fi Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Driver mode on-screen visualization and new observe digital tachometer.
- Normal “Buckle to Drive” expertise that may forestall the motive force from shifting out of Park if the motive force’s seat belt will not be buckled for as much as 20 seconds.
- New exterior colours — Purple Mist Metallic Tincoat and Silver Flare Metallic.
- New inside colour — Sky Cool Grey/Yellow Strike.
- New full-length twin racing stripes in blue, orange, crimson or yellow.
- Stinger stripes in Carbon Flash/Edge Purple, Carbon Flash/Edge Yellow or Carbon Flash/Midnight Silver.
Manufacturing of the brand new and mid-engine 2020 C8 Corvette started in February however was interrupted in March by the coronavirus pandemic. Manufacturing resumed in June.