The on-site public sale of the Eddie Vannoy Assortment of collector automobiles and automobilia in Jefferson, North Carolina, was the primary dwell public sale by Mecum Auctions for the reason that pandemic lockdown in March, though a lot of the bidding was performed on-line or over the cellphone.
The public sale of the museum assortment held June 26-30 resulted in $15 million gross sales, in accordance with a Mecum information launch, “a quantity that considerably exceeded pre-auction expectations.” Public sale outcomes embrace purchaser charges.
“Almost 100 traditional and collector
automobiles and a complete of greater than 3,000 Street Artwork objects from the museum crossed the
public sale block and hammered bought through the five-day dwell public sale occasion,’ Mecum
stated within the launch.
The highest sale was $231,000 for a 1969 Dodge Daytona with a towering wing and a 440 Magnum V8 engine. The second-place sale was an uncommon entry, a 1941 Kenworth fireplace truck, one in every of simply 5 produced and the one identified instance remaining, that went for $209,000.
The highest 10 collector automobile sale on the Eddie Vannoy public sale have been:
1. 1969 Dodge Daytona, $231,000
2. 1941 Kenworth fireplace truck, $209,000
3. 1970 Plymouth Superbird, $203,500
4. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod, $200,750
5. 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, $187,000
6. 1971 Plymouth Cuda Resto Mod, $187,000
7. 1941 Dodge Energy Wagon, $176,000
8. 1958 Cadillac Sequence 62 convertible, $143,000
9. 1970 Buick GSX, $140,800
10. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette coupe, $140,250
The highest 10 Street Artwork outcomes have been:
1. Canadian Twin Seen Fuel Pump, $59,000
2. Sohio Fuel Neon Rotating Signal Show, $48,380
3. Sinclair Service Station Show, $47,200
4. Ford Double-Sided Porcelain Neon and A1 Pylon, $42,480
5. Vintage Winchester Mannequin 1873 Deluxe Rifle, $41,300
6. Texaco Service Station Fuel Pump Island, $40,120
7. Sinclair Service Station Fuel Pump Island, $37,760
8. Gulf Oil Service Station Fuel Pump Island, $36,580
9. Nationwide A38 Flying A Service Station Fuel Pump Island, $35,400
10. 1920s Wayne Roman Column Seen Fuel Pump, $35,400
Mecum is gearing up for its 33rd annual Authentic Spring Traditional in Indianapolis, the primary of the corporate’s annual occasions that’s returning to a normal live auction, to be held July 10-18 on the Indianapolis Fairgrounds.
For extra info, go to the Mecum website.