Low Gas Prices + Simple Car Care = More Savings
With fuel costs remaining low, motorists ought to make the most of their financial savings and make investments it again into their automobiles. By spending a little bit now to extend gas effectivity, drivers can multiply gas financial savings and save extra money on the pump, says the Car Care Council.
With the common price of a gallon of fuel remaining low at $2.166, in line with the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the Car Care Council encourages motorists to be automobile care conscious and carry out easy steps to enhance gas effectivity and get monetary savings.
- Engine Performance: Keep your automobile correctly tuned to enhance fuel mileage by a mean of 4 %.
- Tire Pressure: Keep tires correctly inflated and enhance fuel mileage by as much as three %.
- Motor Oil: Improve fuel mileage by one to 2 % through the use of the grade of motor oil really useful by the producer.
- Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older automobiles can enhance gas financial system and can enhance efficiency and acceleration on all automobiles.
- Gas Cap: Replacing broken, unfastened or lacking fuel caps will cease fuel from vaporizing into the air.
- Fix It: Addressing a critical upkeep downside, like a defective oxygen sensor, can enhance mileage by as a lot as 40 %, in line with www.fueleconomy.gov.
“A small investment in simple and inexpensive auto care will add up to better fuel economy. In addition, modifying driving habits, such as observing the speed limit and avoiding quick stops and starts, can also increase fuel efficiency,” mentioned Nathan Perrine, govt director, Car Care Council. “Consolidating trips, avoiding excessive idling and removing unnecessary items from the trunk are also easy ways to lower fuel consumption.”
The non-profit Car Care Council is the supply of data for the “Be Car Care Aware” shopper training marketing campaign selling the advantages of standard car care, upkeep and restore to shoppers. For the most recent automobile care information, go to the council’s on-line media room at http://media.carcare.org. To order a free copy of the favored Car Care Guide, go to the council’s shopper training web site at www.carcare.org.